Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blue 2-Pocket BDU

This is my Blue 2-Pocket BDU uniform. The material is cotton Rip-Stop. This uniform is worn with the regulation black t-shirt (no pocket) and patches attached with velcro.

It took me quite a while to figure out how Mitchell rolls his sleeves up so that the buttons are visible, but I think I finally got it.

This uniform is very rarely worn off-world, and is used primarily for on-base wear in Cheyene Mountain. Most of the BDUs on the show are faded to a lighter blue, but they all started off this dark.

The pieces in the uniform displayed are:

2 comments:

jonathan said...

Hey, tell me what method you use for the sleeve roll-up on sheppard. I don't know if he has his rolled up like mitchell's though. In Atlantis' underwater mining station episode, I can't see any visible buttons; they don't seem to be pronounced like Mitchell's buttons on his blue bdu. And if Mitchell's sleeves were rolled, they are really clean rolls, almost like it was hemmed.

Col. Shandar said...

My bad, I meant Mitchell.

It could well be that since these are costumes on the show and not documentary footage of real people that they are hemmed.

Basically, yeah, before you put the shirt on, you pull the cuff up to the shoulder, then tucking your hand up to the fold, pull the cuff back down, then roll the excess back inside the sleeve. It is complicated to try to explain, but once you experiment a little you'll figure it out.