Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Beretta 92 FS


O'Neill's sidearm is the Beretta 92 FS.

Well, technically, the military designation for the Beretta is M9, but it is likely that the prop weapons used in the show are the civilian version. This is the most commonly used sidearm in the show.

You can get a very nice spring powered model of this gun at http://www.softairusa.com/. I picked mine up off the shelf at Dick's Sporting Goods today for under $35.

I'd purchased something that was supposed to be an airsoft Beretta from an eBay retailer, but upon receipt discovered that it was not a 92, it was a .45. Not bad to have in the AirSoft armory, but not what I needed for my rig.

This has a nice heft to it as well, with a realistic clip that slips out of the pistol grip and authentic cocking action.

Very pleased with it.

What did I do for Science Fiction today? I bought a toy gun.

1 comment:

Col. Shandar said...

I really like this toy gun. It has a weight in the clip so that it drops out like the real thing when you hit the button release. Spring loaded action so you never have to charge up, but the airsoft pellets have a tendency to slip out inside the gun rather than fire, and if you release the clip before it is empty, they tend to spill all over the place. Still, as a prop gun, this is really nice.