Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Return to the blog

I've been swamped by IRL stuff since way back before the summer. I've also piled back on the pounds. In short, I am nowhere near mission ready.

However, recently a friend said to me that he downloaded all the available Battlestar Galactica episodes, and ended with "What have YOU done for Science Fiction today?"

That grated on me...I was letting a lot of days slip by without doing anything for Science Fiction. Then, this same taunting friend had a birthday party over the weekend and one of the guests was a big shot at the local Science Fiction convention, Shevacon, which is held in February.

I wore my blue BDUs with on base patches to the party, it was an overnight drinking binge in a barn out in the country, and this guy from Shevacon says that I should register for the conference and wear a different one of my Stargate uniforms each day of the con.

That means I have until February to get "mission ready."

OK, from now until February I'm going to try to do at least one thing for Science Fiction every day. A perfect reason to restart the uniform blog.

I really am looking forward to it. What I'm not looking forward to is the losing 20-25 pounds. I really do believe that you can't pull off the recreation of the look if your body isn't capable of passing a fitness test.

No comments: