Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Helmet

In getting my uniforms ready for Shevacon, I decided that I'm going to start with putting together the 3-color desert camo from the pilot.

The team wears helmets in the first offworld trip, so let's begin with the helmet. I found this one online in plastic, which is fine, as I am unlikely to need to actually stop a bullet with it, but just need it to look good in the photos.

ABS Plastic Kevlar Style Helmet Green OD

You can get them for under $20 at the site, but I actually got mine for under $15 from the same seller on Amazon.com.

I'll also need a camo cover and goggles. The covers are pretty easy to get at any surplus store, but if you don't have one in your neighborhood, the cheapest place to get them is from the US Cavalry Webstore.

The goggles in the above shot seem nearly identical to ones I found at Coleman's Military Surplus for around $20.

1 comment:

Col. Shandar said...

Got the plastic helmet. It is very light...doesn't feel realistic at all, but does look realistic. Had to adjust the straps inside so that it sat low enough on my head, but for the price, you can't beat it for costuming purpopses.